Saturday, March 8, 2014

Crack of Dawn Saturday Wings

Little Boats is a BIG fan of birds.  Points them out at every given chance.  Only kid I know that skips the monkeys at the zoo to get to the bird habitat.  Today he woke up begging to watch "Blue"-Rio.  Since it was Saturday, and I was struggling waking up I agreed.  Towards the end of the movie he told me he wanted wings to fly in the sky.  Okay, no problem, can't be hard to make wings.  So I jumped on my phone and looked up DIY wings.  Hmmm, a little harder then I thought, and way more detailed then I was willing to go at 8:30am on a Saturday.  Looks like I would just have to "wing it"-pun 100% intended.  So here's our "Crack of dawn Saturday Wings"


First supplies!  No way was I leaving the house to make these wings.  So I used what was around.
Ended up finding some old Baby Legs, but I'm pretty sure you could just use some old socks as long as the elastic was still tight.  Also I used fleece because I had the most of it.  Also the reason for the colors.  Again, any fabric, even old clothes, would work.


All I did was make "feather" shapes.  Actually its the same exact design I use when drawing water (upside down) or roof shingles, or a skirt…ect.
Little Boats practicing his cutting skills

Cut 2  out (2 wings!) of each color.  I suppose you could do a lot of measuring and designing.  But like I said it was early and I was winging it.



Originally I had planned on using the sewing machine to put it all together.  But Murphy's law required the machine to jam, so I finished with some fabric glue and TERRIBLE hand stitching.  


Finished Product!


FLYING!

Reach for the sky on the trampoline!!!  


1 comment:

  1. See it works now. I told you I could figure it out. Great ideas but good thing that you looted Michael's beforehand. lol. Keep it up, makes for one happy little guy. but maybe you should Jordo as a model now and then.

    ReplyDelete